Crafting An Excellent Squeeze Page
If you want to increase your opt-in rates, here are a few principles you must apply to your squeeze page:
- Use compelling arrows to inspire visitors to take action. Believe me, graphics and aesthetics make all the difference!
- Craft a compelling E-cover for the special report or E-book you are giving away. If you are giving away an audio Interview, you can show a picture that displays an audio CD or DVD to increase the perceived value of the product people are downloading in exchange for their E-mail address.
- Use a powerful headline to grab people’s attention.
- Use checkboxes to inspire people to get involved with the benefits of your free product.
- Remember to add a disclaimer below the opt-in box to assure people that they are not getting spammed or that their E-mail address will not be used for unscrupulous purposes.
Install Tell a friend script
Tell a friend are excellent scripts that you can use to dramatically increase your opt-in rates.
What it does is that it lets subscribers generate subscribers FOR YOU.
Here is an example of how it works:
You key in your name and E-mail address. Later on, you type in at least 3 friends’ name and E-mail addresses in exchange for a free gift.
This is a “tell-a-friend” script. The friends will receive an E-mail that is sent directly from the referring subscriber to their friends on a one-on-one basis.
There is also a security check box at the bottom where you have to enter a few letters or numbers to fight spam and ensure that the people referring the friends are HUMANS (after all, computers can’t read graphical images).
Imagine if one opt-in subscriber refers at least 3 friends, and these 3 friends each refer 3, and so on.
If you get at least 2 subscribers a day and each of those 2 bring in another 2, imagine how many subscribers you will get after 30 days?
I’ll let you do the math!