Not sure about using video for your business? Many business owners are a little concerned about this. This may be due to not feeling comfortable with creating videos. Or it may be wondering if they are really worthwhile. This article should help dispel your fears on both accounts.
- According to research done by Cisco videos are going to account for 69% of all internet traffic by the year 2017.
- Consumers say that watching videos helps increase their confidence when it comes to purchasing a product online.
Now if that hasn’t changed your mind maybe this next statistic will.
- YouTube had 1 Billion unique users per month in 2013.
Let’s look at some more tangible reasons why you should be using videos.
1. Videos are easy to watch especially when it comes to learning how to do something. How many times have you tried to learn something by reading a 50 page text manual. You simply didn’t understand the instructions, got confused or it was just too time consuming. Even a 10 minute video would have made a big difference.
2. Videos show the viewer “How To” and they can help you to tell a story. When people watch a video they often don’t realize that they are being “sold” to.
3. Google owns YouTube and so adding videos to your sites is going to put you in a good light. Google will reward you with higher rankings and more exposure for your business. Do a quick Google search for a topic and make note of how many videos are listed at the top of the results.
4. Video is easy to share and can be shared across multiple channels. Place your videos on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and watch how many times they get shared. Imagine what this can potentially do for your market reach?
5. Videos are just plain fun. People love them and a good video can do wonders for your business. Look at how the Blend Tec videos went viral when the company started blending up all types of products.
6. Using videos is just another type of content strategy. It helps mix up your articles and blog posts.
Are you starting to see why you should be using video in your business now? We hope so. It is not that hard to create your first video. You can even just turn a slide presentation into a video. As you create more videos the process will become easier and less time consuming.