If you want to explode the traffic you get to your marketing website by using video, you’ll have the best results if you follow a few simple steps. Failing to do so can result in a lot more work, time and a lot less revenue.
1. Take some time in the brainstorming stage to figure out just want you want to make a video about. Ideally it will be about some problem that a lot of people in your niche need help with. Once you’ve got the idea figured out, narrow down a list of highly targeted, highly searched keywords relevant to that topic.
2. Next you’ll want to come up with a script or outline of the exact points you’re going to cover in your video. By having an outline it can make your thoughts, and words, run smoother which will make a more enjoyable experience for your viewers.
3. Keep the video short and to the point. Don’t let your thoughts meander. Stay on topic. AND make sure the content is useful and insightful.
4. Make sure your visitors can see and hear the video, it won’t do you any good if the audio, video or voice over is hard to see, hear or understand.
5. When uploading your video to YouTube or other video directories, take time to write up a compelling description. Make sure the title of your video has one keyword in it, at least. Also include keywords in your description and tags. These things may not be read by your viewers but the search engines will read them and use them to determine where your video belongs.
Make sure that your description is interesting. Don’t make it the boring “this video is about… blah blah blah”. Intrigue your viewers, keep them interested and guessing. Make it something that they will remember or inline with a question they might be typing into google.
6. Get more results from less work, submit your video to more than one video directory, or better yet, submit it to a service that will syndicate it all over the web for you, all on autopilot.
7. Make sure that your video clearly provides the answer to some burning question or concern that the people in your niche might have. Make it something that is common, something that a lot of people struggle with. Giving someone an answer to their problem will go such a long way in establishing your credibility with your viewers who will come to look at you as an expert.
Making a marketing video is actually a lot easier than you may have thought but the benefits can pay of in a huge way. All you need to do is get some simple tools, invest some time and effort and you can get a lot of free, and very targeted, visitors to your website. There is a lot of hype online but when it comes to using videos to market your business, it really can be the wave of the future… take a ride!