You may have heard the term “video marketing” used frequently, but do you really understand the concept behind this term? In this article we will take a look at what video marketing is all about.
There are actually two different ways to look at video marketing.
1. Video Marketing – in this instance we are talking about marketing a product or service by using videos. You would create specific videos that describe your products or services and how they would be beneficial to the perspective customer.
For example if you had a software product you would create a video demonstration of how to use the software. Just enough to create interest and get viewers to visit your main site to purchase your product.
For a service provider you could showcase your work. This would work really well for a graphic designer. You could create a video that highlights your designs.
If you publish a monthly newsletter then you could create a monthly video to promote each new issue.
2. Marketing a Video – in this instance we are referring to using video to brand your business. This type of campaign is often used in conjunction with a social media campaign at the same time. You will see top businesses use this method to create interest and awareness for their brand. These are the types of videos that are meant to be shared and are the ones that often go viral.
Companies that use this method will push these videos across as many distribution sites as possible at the same time. Grabbing huge media attention is their main goal.
You can do both types of marketing regardless of the size of your business. While you want to create promotional type videos, it is important to use those that brand your business too.
Don’t forget that you should start incorporating videos onto your blog and this can be as simple as recording yourself speaking the text version of your blog post.
Other ideas for using video include:
- Explaining details in more depth
- Showing people how to perform a task
- Talking about upcoming products
- Reviewing a product
In fact you can use video for anything you like. You may want to use video to showcase your portfolio or your new product line up.
One thing to remember is that video marketing is on the rise, so as a marketer or business owner you don’t want to be left out in the cold. Hopefully you can see the benefits that video marketing can bring to you.